As for the follow up... I switched the meal plan a bit.
I realized that with being in nyc on Monday night, having plans for Friday night, and then Saturday night is Halloween (we'll probably just have something quick) - the meal plan was a bit unrealistic.
So, last night we ate a meal from a cooking swap we had. Then we'll have leftovers tonight. A meal from the meal plan Thursday night. Not sure yet on Friday night. A quick meal on Saturday and see if there are leftovers for Sunday.
I took the scallops meal out of the meal plan and will buy stuff for that next week. Then I spent a bit more on a bottle of maple syrup (it's a bigger bottle, but cheaper per ounce) for whole wheat pancakes we made this morning - they were very good!
So, here is how we came out this week. We didn't need too much.
At Trader Joe's we got
- Maple Syrup - $13.99
- Dried mango - $1.69 (from the side bar)
- Sun-dried tomatoes - $3.29
- Frozen green beans - $1.99
- Mozzarella cheese - $2.99
- Frozen pepper blend - $1.69
- Dark chocolate almonds (73% dark) - $4.99
- Bananas - $.76
Total = $31.74
At Whole Foods we got
- Oranges - $3.99
- Yogurt (Brown Cow was on sale!) - $3
- Throat drops (we've been sick) - $1.99
- Avocado - $1
- Bulk popcorn - $1.21
I'll post more soon on the great things we are finding!