Love Trader Joe's too?

Feel free to send me links to your TJ's review posts or recipes that you have tried and loved - write to info@babygetgreen.com. I'd be happy to link to other Trader Joe's fans.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

I am going simple this week (for breakfasts and lunch).  I'm going to try to have the same basic thing everyday for those meals and see how it goes.  Evee is pretty easy to please and Clint is sometimes here, sometimes in classes or work and also easy to please.  

I did just post a great breakfast recipe over at Baby Get Green, though, if anyone wants to take a look at that!  I used the Trader Joe's syrup for it too :).

Breakfasts 
  • Fruit 
  • Tea (Clint drinks coffee)
  • Toast with peanut butter
  • (there are eggs and yogurt/granola as other options)
Lunch
  • Veggies (cucumber & carrots)
  • Hummus with pita
  • Fruit
Snacks
  • Fruit 
  • Veggies (same as above)
  • Popcorn (a staple around here!)
Meals (all with vegetables)
Monday - Fried rice or scallops (if they have them in this week at Trader Joe's!  I still haven't found them at our store...they've been out for awhile)
Tuesday - Noodles & Gravy - whole grain pasta from TJ's, my own mushroom sauce (I'll try to post the recipe), and Australian flank steak from TJ's
Wednesday - Frozen potpie from our swap
Thursday - It's my birthday and we are going out on a date!
Friday - Leftovers
Saturday - Curried Lentils (recipe at bottom of linked page)
Sunday - Salmon with veggies and potatoes (we didn't get to this last week)

Grocery List (I'm happy to keep adding this.  I just didn't know if it was relevant or helpful, but I can let you be the judge of that.  Even if it's just for Stephanie's enjoyment :).  I write it for myself either way...I might as well post it here too.)
  • Peanut butter
  • Scallops
  • Steak
  • Noodles
  • Mushrooms
  • Milk
  • Green beans (2 pkgs.)
  • Carrots (2 pkgs.)
  • Cucumbers (3)
  • Fruit - oranges (2 pkgs.), bananas, and another
  • Pita
  • Bread (I decided not to make my own this week, recipe linked though if interested)
  • Pita
  • Hummus (again, deciding to buy instead of make this week - but how to cook dried beans here and hummus recipe here)
Hope you have a great meal plan this week!    As always, check out other Meal Plans over at Organizing Junkie.