Love Trader Joe's too?

Feel free to send me links to your TJ's review posts or recipes that you have tried and loved - write to info@babygetgreen.com. I'd be happy to link to other Trader Joe's fans.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Meal Plan Monday Follow Up

Here is my follow up to yesterday's shopping trip...

At Trader Joe's we got
  • 2 pkgs. frozen green beans - $1.99 x 2
  • Bananas (5) - $.95
  • Hummus quartet - $4.99 (cheap as all the other kinds of hummus per ounce and you get 4 different varieties!)
  • Peanut butter (all natural, just peanuts and salt) - $1.79
  • Dried Apricots (I loved the mango but felt frustrated every time we ate it that there is sugar added.  They do have just dried mango, but we went for the apricots instead...more for your money) - $2.99
  • Whole Wheat pasta - $1.29
  • Beef - flank steak (I'm splitting the 2 pounds into meat for 3-4 meals) - $14.19
  • Whole Wheat pita shells - $1.29
  • TJ's soft whole wheat bread - $2.49
  • 72% pound plus dark chocolate (I love this stuff!) - $3.99
  • Baby bella mushrooms - $1.99
  • Whole carrots (1 lb.) - $.89
  • Gallon lowfat milk - $2.99
Total = $43.82


At Whole Foods we got
  • Oranges - $3.99
  • Pineapple - $2.99 
  • 3 cucumbers - $2.07
Total = $9.05

Total this week =  $52.87


I also went out today to get a couple of items to use as natural cold remedies.  I'll post about that soon!  Hoping that they work for us!!!

No comments: