Love Trader Joe's too?

Feel free to send me links to your TJ's review posts or recipes that you have tried and loved - write to info@babygetgreen.com. I'd be happy to link to other Trader Joe's fans.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Natural Remedy Recipe

Thought I'd share this here since it is cold season and might be useful to some of you.  And also since the ingredients can be found at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's.  I wrote more about why I am making this at my other blog...



I got ginger at Whole Foods ($4.99/lb - I think).  We got 2 "chunks" for $1.05.

Then I picked up honey at Trader Joe's for $4.99.

I already had lemon juice, but would have to get it at Whole Foods if we needed it.  Not sure how much it would be, but I know it's organic and fresh squeezed.

I shredded some ginger (with a cheese grater) into a pot and added water.  I boiled it for a bit.



Then I strained the water (kept the ginger for another time) into a coffee cup and added 1 tsp lemon juice (add more if ginger sting is too strong) and 1 tsp. honey.  I also added extra water.  For Evee, I put hers with a bit of orange juice and I added mine to some herbal tea I had left from the morning.

I got this idea from this article at simplemom.net.

Hoping we get better and hope all of you are healthy!  

No comments: