Love Trader Joe's too?

Feel free to send me links to your TJ's review posts or recipes that you have tried and loved - write to info@babygetgreen.com. I'd be happy to link to other Trader Joe's fans.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Trader Joe's All Natural Stew Meat

Trader Joe's "All Natural Stew Meat" comes at $4.99/lb.

I decided to try this meat one day for a beef stew I made.  I usually buy a roast and then cut it up into pieces to put in the stew.  This time I was making it in bulk and decided to buy the already cut up stew meat that is actually cheaper than the roast.

I put it in the crockpot with some water and it turned out great.  Very juicy and fresh tasting.

I love Trader Joe's meat standards.  Our friend, who works at Trader Joe's, once told me all about what "all natural" means to Trader Joe's and it is really good quality.  I will get all the information and post about that on here sometime soon. 

In the end, I'd probably only use it for stews and soups.  But I love that it is so easy and already cut up - all while still maintaining the flavor of the product.

No comments: