Love Trader Joe's too?

Feel free to send me links to your TJ's review posts or recipes that you have tried and loved - write to info@babygetgreen.com. I'd be happy to link to other Trader Joe's fans.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Trader Joe's Saucy Scallops with Mushrooms

These Saucy Scallops with Mushrooms are found in the  freezer section (found on pg. 5 if, by chance, you still have your October Fearless Flyer).  They come at $4.99 for a 1 lb. bag.

When I saw these in the Fearless Flyer I was really excited about them.  I mentioned them to some friends who had gotten a hold of them and really enjoyed the dish, which made me all the more happy to try them.

For weeks I would get to Trader Joe's and they were out of stock.  When I finally got my hands on them I bought 3 packages.  We served the dish with rice and a side dish.

In all of my excitement, I actually came away disappointed.  I hate to say it, but I wouldn't buy them again.  My husband thought they were okay, but not amazing.

It's hard to say why exactly we didn't love this item, but I think it was something with the sauce.  A bit too bland for my husband and just a weird taste for me.  Again, we have friends who loved this dish, so I won't say it's a loss for everyone.  This review might be a personal preference, but we won't get it again.

No comments: